Featured Anime: K-on!!, Season 2, Episode 7
The bassist, Mio Akiyama, in the student band "After School Tea Time" is so popular she even has her own fan club. She loves yakisoba, and when a member of her fan club gifts her yakisoba pan, it’s even better! Yakisoba itself seems like such a simple dish, but the buns make it carbo-licious! Follow our recipe for fun-filled, carb-overload time.
Sauce recipe from Just One Cookbook.
Easy-to-print recipe PDF here.
1 tbsp Vegetable oil
Salt and pepper to season
Hot dog bun (King's Hawaiian brand)
4 tsp oyster sauce
2 tsp soy sauce
2 tsp granulated sugar
4 tsp ketchup
4 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1. Mix the sauce ingredients together in a bowl and set aside.
2. Loosen the noodles. You can do it two ways: run it through warm water and break apart with your hands, or follow the package instructions. If you are hand rinsing the noodles, be sure to drain VERY WELL. According to our package instructions, we heated the noodles in a frying pan with some water until the water cooked off and the noodles loosened.
3. Once the noodles have broken apart, stir fry the noodles a little and then add sauce.
4. Once the noodles are evenly coated, season with salt and pepper. Then place inside the hot dog bun.
5. Add pink pickled ginger strips on top in the center.
6. Give it to your senpai.