Cooking in Cosplay: Alolan Pancakes
Featured Anime: Pokémon, Sun and Moon, Episode 13
Ash and friends are in town when the annual Alolan Pokémon Pancake Race takes place! Ash and Pikachu prepare to compete after eating a stack at a cafe and meeting the previous year's winner. The Pokémon and trainers must work together to race with a stack of pancakes balanced on the Pokémon’s back. These special pancakes are certainly different from normal pancakes: they're super thick and fluffy! Join us on our journey while we show you how to recreate these delicious thic pancakes!
2 large Chansey eggs
7 ounces whole Miltank milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 ⅔ cups all-purpose flour
1 ¾ tsp baking powder
¼ cup sugar
Note: This recipe calls for a z-muffin ring. However, if you don’t have one and can’t find it--like Ash’s dad--you can easily make one out of foil. Tutorial coming soon.
1. In a bowl, whisk the eggs and milk with the force of a Pidgeotto’s Whirlwind.
2. In a separate bowl, add the flour, sugar, and baking powder. The baking powder will make the pancakes rise--much like Alolan Exeggcutor’s neck. Whisk together dry ingredients.
3. Add the wet ingredients and stir until just combined. If the batter is looking a little too dry, you can add a little more milk. Use Rest for 10 minutes.
4. Heat pan with some oil in it. Use low heat.
5. Grease your Z-muffin ring very well. Place ring in the middle of pan. Make sure the ring is well greased, otherwise you’re going to have a bad time.
6. Fill the ring about halfway with batter. Cook the pancakes for 2-3 minutes on low heat. The pancakes should rise and form bubbles on top.
7. Flip when bubbles have formed at the top. Cook for another 2 minutes until both sides are heartgolden.
8. Remove from pan and plate the pancake. Remove the muffin ring.
9. Top pancakes with your preferred toppings. Ex: jelly, butter, Razz berries.
10. Alternatively, make enough pancakes to form a stack. Then have your Pokémon race with stack.