Cooking in Cosplay: Omelette Souffle
Featured Anime: Shokugeki no Soma, Season 1, Episode 14
Everyone knows the fabulous food anime, Shokugeki no Soma, contains epic cooking scenes featuring the titular character. In episode 14, Yukihira Soma competes in the Breakfast Buffet Challenge and struggles with his decision to create a fluffy egg omelet soufflé. Eventually he creates a live-show to draw a crowd as he cooks each omelet and manages to make 200 servings in less than half an hour! Check out our recipe on how to make your own personal omelet souffle!
Easy-to-print recipe PDF here.
2 Eggs (separated)
Heavy cream (optional)
Pinch of Salt and pepper to season
Tomato sauce (ketchup if lazy)
Parsley to season
1. Separate the egg yolks and whites into two bowls.
2. Season the yolks with salt and pepper. You can add a little heavy cream to help get the eggs fluffier, as Soma did in the episode. Then beat them with a fork until it is one consistency.
3. Whip the egg whites until you get stiff peaks. You can use a whisk and hand whip it yourself, or you can save yourself some time and energy and use an electric hand mixer. Make sure your whisk and bowl are completely clean and dry beforehand, otherwise your whites will not fluff up enough.
4. Slowly fold in the yolks with the egg whites until it is a nice yellow color. You don't want to go too fast, as you will deflate the bubbles you whipped up.
5. Heat some oil in a frying pan over medium-low heat. Then add the eggs and cook for about 1 minute.
6. Cover the pan with a lid and lower the heat. Steam for another minute or two.
7. Remove from the pan and fold it in half while sliding onto a plate.
8. Add your special tomato sauce and sprinkle parsley if you have it. Serve immediately for full orgasmic effects.