The Ultimate DIY Guide - Hinata Cosplay
Hinata is a female ninja and one of the characters from Naruto and Naruto Shippuden. Hinata is the former heiress of one of the prominant clans. Because of her meek disposition, her father doubted that she was suited for the responsibilities of leading the clan, much less life as a ninja leading him to disinherit her. Nonetheless Hinata perservered and from observation of Naruto especially, Hinata found both an example to follow to be more assertive, and a person to love. Through her membership with Team 8, she sought to become strong enough to change herself, if even a little at a time.
We will be detailing how to DIY your own version of Hinata post time skip during her Naruto Shippuden era. This is a perfect cosplay or costume for Halloween or the next con!
HOW TO DIY - HINATA HYUUGA COSPLAY
Hinata is known post time skip for her beautiful long dark blue hair. Colored hair is always something fun and exciting to do. Why not try out a dark blue color as it can blend very well with being ‘natural’ to the normal eye.
The easiest way to achieve Hinata’s hair is to buy a wig. Hinata has dark blue hair that is shoulder length.
Dark blue hair can be super pretty. It can be dark as black in the shade, but light up the room when there is some light! You can always head over to your stylist to get your hair professionally done but you’ll have to shell out at least $150 or more for your new look. Since we are all about DIY, you can achieve the look at home for a fraction of the price. Because the color is very dark, you can try dying your hair without bleach, HOWEVER to get that true blue color with the light bleaching is highly recommended.
Hinata is known for her special eyes. Raised with Hyuga blood, Hinata has the power of Byakugan, a special clan ability that grants her penetrative vision in a near-360° around herself. Because of this her eyes are completely white. It will be very hard to find contacts that can cover your eyes compleltely white the way hers looks like, however there is a contact company that made a look specifically for the Byakugan! What a score! Now you can cosplay as her going into this special mode.
Hinata Hyuga has many different outfits within her time in the manga and anime. However, we are going to focus on her most ‘normal’ outfit we see her in most of the time. This is a purple and white jacket, knee length shorts, fish-net top, and ninja sandals. Yes there are many costumes that are pre-made and look amazing! But one fun thing about cosplaying is making it yourself! You can also save a lot of money by DIYs.
Hinata has a light purple jacket that has white sleeves. Finding something that specific may be hard, but have no fear!! Just buy a light purple jacket, some white fabric, cut the purple sleeves and make sleeves with the white fabric. Here is a link to a Youtuber who shows you how easy it can be done! If you want, add fishnet inside to give it even more of an authentic look!
As a ninja, Hinata is always on her feet. She needs to be able to move out of dangerous situations and wearing a long dress will just ruin her! Thus like any fashionable ninja, pants that is stretchy is the smartest option. She seems to prefer capris so choose a nice dark blue capri.
You can’t run around barefeet! There are many obstacles, weapons and booby traps hidden around during your mission so shoes are important. Hinata likes to wear a modified gladiator slipper that is low cut. It keeps her feet safe from harm and the slipper wraps around the foot. A nice black slipper is the best bet.
To make the finishing touches for Hinata, there are a couple of accessories needed. Obviously you need the Konoha headband to prove to people you are a ninja. As well, Hinata holds her kunai holder on her thigh so find a holster like this one here and buy a few kunai to show off! Bandage your thigh with the kunai and you are done!!
1. Put on the contacts! Hinata has a special unique ability that makes her pupils disappear. Thus to have the most authentic look, you must use contacts to make your eyes all white. Look back to our DIY to see which contacts are best for this cosplay!
2. The next step is to cover your eyebrows. It sounds weird but many cosplayers cover their eyebrows because even anime characters have different types of brows. To immitate the best brow use a non-toxic glue stick and go over the brow. This process keeps the brows from sticking out and ruining the make up you will apply later.
3. After gluing your eyebrows, use a pigmented concealer that matches your skin color. This is going over the brows so that they will diseappear. Using your skin color again is the best option as you need to match it with the rest of your face.
4. After concealing the brows use a setting powder to hold everything in place. Setting powders are amazing as it keeps the make up from smudding and being removed. It can be the difference between you looking great and you having to reapply your makeup. If your brows are still very visible, reapply more concealer and powder till it disappears.
5. Once the concealer dries, grab your favorite black pigmented eye shadow and draw Hinata’s eyebrow. Hinata has a very straight skinny brow so don’t go to heavy with the thickness of the brow. Less is more here.
6. Now go over that black brow with a dark blue pencil/blue eyeshadow. Hinata has a tinge of blue so a highlight of this color will make your cosplay pop. Right after this don’t forget to use setting powder once again to keep all of the fall out from running.
7. Using an eye based primer, prime the eyes so that you can get an amazing finish for your eyeliner. Though this step is not necessary, priming eyes can help your eyeshadow and eyeliner pop more and create depth.
8. With your favorite black eye shadow base, create a cat eye. Don’t extend it too far Keep it more natural. The idea is for her not to have makeup, but to use the makeup and accentuate her eyes since they are on the larger side.
9. Once the eyeliner is completed, Hinata has two small folds as if she has two double eyelids. The first is right above her eye, it is a bit more prominent, but the second one is smaller and closer to the center of the face. Using the same make up you used for the eyebrows, create these two lines.
10. Use an eyelash curler to give those lashes more volume and mascara and you are done! Put a nude lip on and you have become the ninja of the leaf village, Hinata Hyuuga!
PRODUCTS USED IN THE TUTORIAL
Glue Stick = Faster PVP Glue Stick in Clear
How To Cover Brows in 5 Ways = http://bit.ly/JdMz94
Concealer = Coastal Scents Camo Quad Medium
Black Eyeshadow = L'oreal Paris Infallible
Purple Blue & White & Brown Eyeshadow= Sephora Makeup Studio Blockbuster
Eyeshadow Base = Too Faced Shadow Insurance
Mascara Guard = Tweezerman
Eyelash Curler = SEPHORA COLLECTION Eyelash Curler
Mascara = MAKE UP FOR EVER Smoky Lash
AnimeImpulse.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED 'AS IS' AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME. Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on Amazon.com at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product. All prices on this site may change and those considered valid are displayed on Amazon.com