Cooking in Cosplay: Coffee Pancakes
Featured Game: Persona 5
Today we will show you a pancake recipe that’s so utterly perfect for Leblanc, the cafe that serves as the player’s home in Persona 5. Leblanc is known for its renowned curry and coffee and Akechi, your BFF, loves pancakes; what better way to combine these two than to make coffee-flavored pancakes!?
Recipe adapted from A Cozy Kitchen.
Easy-to-print recipe PDF here.
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 cup buttermilk
½ tsp salt
1 ½ tsp sugar
1 tbsp instant coffee
Makes about 8 small pancakes
1. Combine dry ingredients. Whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and sugar.
2. In a separate bowl, beat together the egg and buttermilk.
3. Add coffee granules into the wet ingredients and mix together until the granules dissolve.
4. Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Mix until just combined and a few lumps are left.
5. Heat up pan, griddle, or cast iron skillet and add cooking oil or butter.
6. Add a bit of batter to the warm skillet using your measuring cup.
7. When bubble begin to form along the sides and in the center of the pancake, flip.
8. Cook the other side until golden brown.
9. Serve your pancakes to your group of Phantom Thieves. Top with your choice.